In The Kitchen: My Rich, Delicious, Super Peanut Buttery Brownies
|Rich & Delicious Brownies|
Today, I really wanted to give homemade brownies from scratch a try and they came out so rich, delicious, chocolatey and packed with peanut butter icing. Here is the recipe for both the brownies and the icing below. I hope you love them as much as I did!
Chocolate Pecan Brownies:
1 C. of White Sugar (for Fudgy Brownies, exchange for Brown Sugar)
1/2 C. of Flour (for Gluten-free, exchange for Almond Flour)
1/3 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 C. of Melted Butter
1/2 C. Chopped Pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Using a 9x13 or 8x8 pan, grease the bottom or line with parchment paper (I used parchment paper).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and eggs together, slowing mix in butter to temp the eggs (this way you don't have scrambled eggs).
- Pour butter and egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Thick Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 C. Peanut Butter
2 C. Powdered Sugar
4 TBS. Butter (softened)
3 TBS. Milk
- Mix all ingredients together (will be super thick).
- Add to top of cooled brownies.
- Pace in fridge to set the frosting.
Signed Opinionated Fashionista